Yesterday I gave them each 2 lbs of clay and started them wedging. They thought that was cool - until they found out they are wedging for two class days! By the end of the class they were definitely worn out.
it appears I've found a way to expedite a kiln. Next week I will be taking one day to "walk the PO through" and get all the signatures in a day. The new superintendent said to let him know what day and he will ensure there are no obstacles in the process. If this goes smoothly, I could have a new kiln in place by the end of October! Yay!! Now to get busy. If I turn 5 pieces each school day, I should have a total of almost 400 (personal) pieces to fire. I'm already about halfway there now.
By the way, some of you should be receiving emails from students about their research papers. I must thank you all again for taking time from your busy schedules to answer their questions. Well, must go grade more drawings.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Southern High School, Guam