Thursday, August 9, 2012

Almost time!

The countdown has started! 11 days till school starts!
Meh... No rest for the weary, as the saying goes.
I have been busy since summer school ended, trying to overhaul my classroom. I have found some small lockers, enough for two classes, I just have to haul them across campus myself (about 200 yds). I did find about 2.5 gals. of off-white paint to try and cover the flat black walls. So far it's taken about 1.5 gal to do this much:


The bookshelf only took one light coat, but those walls! I think there are 4 or 5 THICK coats and as it dries I see grey areas here and there.
This year I have a couple of different lesson plans in the works. The one I think will be the biggest hit is making a 6" square tile. I have already cleared it with the principal to start cementing their tiles to the school walls when they are finished.
Oh! Before I forget, I wanted to know how many of you would be interested in the research paper project this year. I will be giving out the assignment in August - due in September, and again in January - due in February. I will be sending out an email to every artist on my blog reading list (145 at last count) as well. Just drop me an email at mryoungsart@gmail.com if you would be interested. Thanks (in advance)!
Happy Mudding!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. this will be a good year for you- kiln and tiles..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black walls? They looks so much happier with the white paint. The tiles sound like a fab idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black walls? How teen age angst! White is much more open enlivening! Besides if you need a projector screen, white walls are right there.
    Tiles are a great project for all ages. I look forward to many photos of progress and finished tiles.
    BTW I found you through Gary.

    ReplyDelete