Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Boxes, boxes, boxes...

The students will be finishing their boxes tomorrow.  Thought you all might like to see the results of their foray into the world of three dimensional clay work.  They have managed to come up with some very nice pieces.   I still don't have any glazes yet, but I have been able to arrange for bisque and glaze firings until I get a kiln.





















I didn't get to throw yesterday or today.  Today I cleaned the studio area I have been using, it was getting a little messy.  Yesterday I finished trimming, cutting, and stamping the work I threw last Friday.  I tried a pouring bottle shape, but didn't know quite what to do with it, so I experimented a little...

first time doing any faceting.  Then I stamped the bowl... it's about 7.5 - 8 inches across, about 5 -6 inches deep.  I didn't want to make the design too complicated...



I tried to make a slump mold plate, but it broke today while moving it.


I finished trimming this cake stand, but it will take a while to get this one dried out.  I hope it doesn't warp while drying.  I placed light weights around the base today to try and keep it flat.  I will bisque it upside down as well.  Do you think it will sag if it's glaze fired upright?  If so, any suggestions on how to keep it flat?



Well, it's late, and I need my beauty rest.






1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with your student's boxes. I love the imaginative creativity. It looks like you're sneaking in a bit of time for your own creations. Fabulous :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete