Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New ... uhhh ... Old Bottle

I've had this bottle sitting on the shelf waiting for a design, and a final firing. Last week I came across two containers of some dried, caked, powder(must be at least 10 years old) that were labeled "rutile" and "grebanier's black". I used a mortar and pestle to crush them back into fine powder, then added water. I practiced on a piece of broken bisqueware first, and discovered it looked pretty nice! Sooooo ... I took the plunge and here's the result:

Now to fire on the stains, dip in clear, and final firing!

I've noticed I've done a number of 2 post days lately....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


  1. well done! i think you should definitely do more of this brushwork on your pots.

  2. great work, keep going, interesting to hear about the results afte firing of the two chemicals you used