Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Books!

This school year, there have been a number of Japanese high school students who came over to spend a couple of days touring our high schools. While in my classroom, I let them play with some clay, and gave them each a piece of student work left over from last year (not collected by their owners). I also presented the Principal of each group with a piece of my work. Last week two students from the Japanese language class brought me a package from one of these schools:



five books of pottery from museums and collections. Browsing through this one



I came across this great picture



a piece done by none other than



the only non-Japanese in the book. These books have some great ceramic art in them, and my students are getting ideas for projects already.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. what a nice gift! i am sure that you and your students will make great use of them

    ReplyDelete