Sunday, December 13, 2009

Last of the Last

Made a trip over to the studio at the University on Friday.  I had about a dozen pieces that were begging to be glazed... that and the professor was scheduled to load the last glaze run of the semester that afternoon.  So I used most of the remaining Licorice, threw in some Rif Red here and there, and a good measure of Floating Blue, and Oriblue (Oribe Green that doesn't turn green!)
Had a small coffee cup plate, a handful of nicely shaped yunomi, some guinomi, and a teapot with 2 cups.  I am just hoping the glazes behave and don't run past the wax resist... at least not too much.   I had one vase I didn't know what to do with... so I tried a variation of Luke Langholz's mountain vases.  However since I don't use slips, I used wax resist to see if I can get the same look as his... I guess I won't know till tomorrow!  I will post pics as soon as I can get the pieces out of the kiln.

No comments:

Post a Comment